It’s finally the weekend! Nine to fivers get very excited this time of week starting around Friday because according to many of them, this is the time for them to hang out with family, friends, and relax.
For remote workers, things may slow down a little, too. But the truth is that the weekend is the best time to get creative with your hustle and ways to make more money. In this article, we’re going to look at 4 things you can do to make your weekend fun and productive.
Overhaul Your Home Office
The last thing you may want to on the weekend is mess around in the place that you’ve been waiting to escape from all week, but an hour-long weekend project could make your home office a great place to be. Simple things you can do in your home office to raise your spirits all next week are:
- A nice, thorough dusting. Turn your favorite music up loud and bring out your step-stool. Start at the top of the room with light fixtures and work your way down to light switches, wall coverings and baseboards. Dust all shelves, desk, and tabletops. Don’t forget your equipment like computers, printers, and even the modem. Finally, vacuum. The airy, shiny feel of the room after this will make you feel like you’re in a new place.
- Redecorate. Three months into the year, we’re also starting a new season. Make your space feel modern by adding simple splashes of 2018’s Pantone Color of the Year, Ultra Violet to your space through accessories. You can do this by adding decorative pillows to your office chairs, a throw rug, or changing out your pencil holder and tissue box to ones in this lovely shade of purple. Finding them all is a good excuse to shop – something you were already going to do this weekend!
- Reorganize. If the business of the week left your office cluttered with lots of things out of place, put everything back where it belongs and throw out things you’re no longer using so that you can work with a renewed, clear mind.
You don’t have to do all of these things to make your home office feel great for the coming week. Doing just one will get your inspiration up and your productive energy flowing.
Take some time out to look for beauty in the world around you and at the same time create material for your website, blog, or social media sites. Here are a few examples of the pictures I’ve taken during weekend strolls which were fun, free, and relaxing:
Use your weekend to get ahead of the pack, or gain ground on ’em if you’ve somehow fallen behind. Use your free time and renewed state of mind to get in some extra money-making activities: make more phone calls, do some more promoting, seek out more gigs. Also catch up on your emails and make sure you’ve checked all your voicemails in case there are leads there you may have missed.
Train Your Body & Your Brain
If you love working out but aren’t at the level of daily trips to the gym being your religion, give it your 150% on the weekend. Take a class, train with an instructor, and if your health condition permits sit in the sauna or steam room for at least 10 minutes, which will leave you feeling like a million bucks. An hour and a half long workout followed by the sauna will:
- Help you tone and trim your body
- Exercise your lungs and heart
- Make you feel energetic and relieve stress
Equally as important is exercising the mind, which you can do through activities like chess, puzzles, or catching up on reading.
One of the best parts about being a remote worker is not having to waste weekends recuperating from 5 days of commuting and at times, exhausting office politics. We’ve been granted the gift of time and the weekends are just two extra special days that we can use to work on being the best versions of ourselves that we can possibly be.