Even now and then, it’s OK to stop thinking about work for just a few.
In this blog post, we’re breaking away from our usual business-focused topics, having a little fun, and getting a little personal.
Thanks to ChloeTheFry, a fellow blogger that recommended my participation in this post (This isn’t the first time you’ve given me something to write about!) — it’s always good to mix things up!
As I understand it, the idea for these posts is inspired by the Vogue Magazine series in which celebrities are asked a series of fast-fired questions meant to help us get to know them better.
Obviously, we’re not celebrities (yet) but I’m optimistic and happy to share more about us with you! My husband and YamteQ co-contributor, Ahmed Diab, is joining us also, to make it a tad more fun.
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
Rachel: A frappuccino, usually with a shot or two of espresso. Either vanilla or mocha-flavored.
2. What does your workstation look like?
Ahmed: Whether you think it’s cool or messy, you’re entitled to your opinion. But it’s 10.30 pm and it is what it is.
3. Favorite food?
Rachel: I answered this in the Versatile Blogger Award post and it’s always been pizza, but now I’m trying to lose weight, so it’s complicated.
4. Favorite author?
Ahmed: I don’t have a particular one.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
Rachel: I don’t care what anyone else does, but for me, it’s a no.
6. What is your favorite video game?
Ahmed: I don’t play video games anymore. When I was younger, it was a soccer game called “PES.”
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Rachel: Dunkin’ Donuts frozen coffee.
8. Favorite movie?
Ahmed: The Matrix.
9. Favorite book?
Rachel: Oh, that’s a hard one. I don’t have a favorite per se but once that I’ve had a lot of fun reading recently was Cleopatra: A Life by Stacey Schiff.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
11. Desktop or laptop?
Rachel: What’s a desktop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Ahmed: I really don’t remember. I have to go through all of my memories to recall. Do you want me to make something up?
13. What project are you working on right now?
Rachel: I am currently working on hanging lights on my patio. It’s been a work in progress for months now because I haven’t ordered the proper soffit clips. But I need to get it done – a backyard in Florida just isn’t right without them.
14. Favorite color?
Ahmed: Black and silver.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Rachel: I did alright through about 3rd grade. After that, no.
16. Dream job?
17. Play any sports?
Rachel: These days, no. But I used to play basketball in middle school.
18. Do you have a degree?
Ahmed: Yes, I have a Bachelor’s.
Rachel: American, from the United States.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post?
Ahmed: You can say anything covering technology.
21. What do you like to collect?
Rachel: Rugs and books.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Ahmed: (Laughs) Fearless, Limitless, Persistent
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
Ahmed: Our caterer.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
Rachel: Knowledge of the unseen.
26. Sorting house?
Ahmed: What’s that? Rachel: I don’t know.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
Rachel: Two that I count as one since I got them at the same time and they go together.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Ahmed: This year, 2019? Being with my family.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Rachel: Moving closer toward business goals.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Ahmed: I woke up, and that was good. It was a typical day.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
32. Favorite season?
Ahmed: Winter, because basketball starts in winter.
33. Favorite holiday?
Rachel: Thanksgiving. It’s secular, family-focused, and delicious.
34. What fictional character do you relate to most?
Ahmed: I don’t relate to any fictional charachter.
35. Do you like surprises?
Rachel: Of course, I like pleasant surprises.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Ahmed: I don’t know, really.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
Rachel: I can’t remember a surprise that made me cry, but tears of joy are lovely.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else?
Ahmed: My wife forgot our anniversary once, so it was pretty surprising that day when I showed up with cake and flowers for her.
39. Do you like muffins?
Rachel: I like how they taste, but not how they make me look, so kind of.
40. Do you cook often?
Ahmed: Yes, but not as much as before.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
Rachel: Ice cream and cake.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Ahmed: There’s something in Egypt called “Belah El Sham.” I don’t like it.
43. Cake or pie?
Rachel: It depends which cake or pie it is. I know I just said cake is my favorite desert but I’m imagining chocolate mousse pie and it sounds better than cake at the moment.
44. What’s your least favorite food?
Ahmed: Fried eggplant.
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Ahmed: Nutella sandwich.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Rachel: Career Development 101.
48. Best animated film?
Ahmed: Captain Tsubasa, but it was a series, not a film.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
Rachel: A guy? Well, that would be my husband and I say his being socially smart and book smart at the same time is pretty impressive to me.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Ahmed: Go to a quiet place and have a conversation.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Rachel: Get intimate in any way. True romance needs time.
52. What’s the best pick-up line?
Ahmed: “I never used to believe in falling angels, but now I do.” (Cracks up after getting a strange look from me)
53. Best comic book character?
Rachel: Batman. I like his collection of cars and nocturnal approach.
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
Ahmed: I don’t have a purse, but in my wallet, credit cards, change for tips, and my ID.
55. Favorite drink?
Rachel: Green tea with milk and ginger.
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
Ahmed: Abraham Lincoln.
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favorite sushi roll?
Ahmed: I don’t like sushi.
59. What lipstick do you use?
Rachel: I actually don’t wear lipstick, but I love Burt’s Bees tinted gloss.
60. What foundation do you use?
Ahmed: I don’t use makeup.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Rachel: Air dry. Blow dryers cause way too much damage to my hair.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
63. Favorite Disney Character?
Rachel: Mickey Mouse.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Ahmed: It’s the weekend, I’m going to rest tomorrow.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Rachel: The Pink Panther with Steve Martin. Absolutely hilarious!
66. Movie that made you cry?
Ahmed: No movie has ever made me cry.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Rachel: Kelly Clarkson, and it would be that song she sang when she won the contest, “A Moment Like This.” That was a beautiful moment!
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
69. What’s your favorite animal?
Rachel: Dogs. But sea mammals, like whales and dolphins, come in a very close second.
70. Favorite illustrator?
Ahmed: Can I say DaVinci?
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
Rachel: The Project Manager for the Giza Pyramids construction. I have so many questions.
72. What country would you like to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
Rachel: The gym and sauna. If I’m all wound up mentally, it provides immediate relief.